With the trend of mobile device users constantly increasing, financial institutions including banks and credit unions are moving their financial services to the digital level so as to offer the best banking experience to their customers — some financial institutions allow customers cash check online instantly without bank account.
Which is why online banking is gradually overtaking traditional banking methods — with online banking, you get to do most of your financial transactions directly on your phone without having to visit a local bank branch.
Having a bank account which you can access whenever you want is crucial for boosting your financial wellbeing nowadays.
However, recent studies from the U.S. Government Accountability Office show that more than 7 million U.S. households do not have a bank account.
A huge proportion of these individuals, though, don't have a bank account would definitely have to carry out a financial transaction with a bank someday such as cashing a check issued by their employer.
Most U.S. banks allow customers to cash checks online and deposit it directly to their bank accounts.
In case you don't have a bank account, there are a couple of ways to cash check online instantly without bank account, and if you're wondering how, keep reading.
To help you out, we've compiled the best ways to cash check online instantly without bank account.
Can I Cash A Check Online Instantly Without A Bank Account?
Yes, you can cash a check online instantly without a bank account.
There are some few financial apps that let you cash a check online.
Most of them, though would propose to mobile deposit the check into your bank account.
To cash a check online online instantly on Venmo, you'll need to complete the required verification to qualify for the Cash a Check feature — you'll need to apply for a Venmo debit card or set up direct deposit.
To cash a check online instantly without bank account on Venmo:
- Download the Venmo app, and make sure you're using the latest app version.
- Go to the go to the "Me" tab by tapping your picture or initials
- Tap "Manage Balance."
- Select "Cash a Check." You'll be prompted to verify your account information if you have not already done so.
- Enter the check amount, use your mobile device to take a picture of the front and back of your endorsed check, and then select "Next."
- Choose how soon you want to be able to access your money (fees may apply).
***The time it takes to review a check for approval is typically within a minute, but in unusual cases, it could take up to 1.5 hours to confirm all the necessary check information.
- If your check is accepted, you'll be asked to mark the front of the check "VOID" and upload another photo proving that it has been voided. Do not write "VOID" on your check until you are prompted to do so, after you receive confirmation that your check was approved.
- When everything is done, a confirmation page will appear showing the exact amount of the transfer that will be available in your Venmo account.
The Cash a Check feature is no longer available for users in the state of New York starting as of February 14th, 2022 due to a recent change outside of Venmo.
4. Use Cash App
Cash App is one of the popular payment services among individuals and businesses in the US and UK.
It is also an untraceable money transfer app that allows users transfer money anonymously keeping the transaction details private between the two users on each end making its person-to-person (P2P) payment scheme.
Besides its money transfer services, Cash App features a mobile check deposit feature that allows users cash their checks online instantly without bank account and deposit it directly to their Cash App account balance.
To cash a check online instantly without bank account through Cash App:
- Download and signup for the Cash App.
- Tap on your balance in Cash App.
- Scroll down and tap on the to deposit a check option.
- After that, you'll be asked to enter an amount of the check you are depositing.
- Finally, take a photo of the front and back of the check with your phone's camera.
5. Use Netspend App
Netspend is a prepaid debit card company whose cards are usually considered as alternatives to checking accounts.
Netspend app features a "Mobile Check Load" option that allows card holders top up their Netspend card accounts with checks.
All you'll need to do is to download the Netspend app and take pictures of your check and you're done.
To cash a check online instantly without a bank account on Netspend:
- Download the latest version of the Netspend Mobile App.
- Select "Mobile Check Load" from the menu to the left
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
You'll be guided through how to take pictures of your check and given information about your loading options.
In some cases, your money will be available in minutes.
Where Can I Cash A Check Without Bank Account?
Usually, cashing a check without bank account is not a convenient option and comes with charges.
There are some few local options where you can cash a check without having a bank account which include:
- Cash it at the issuing bank (this is the bank name that is pre-printed on the check).
- Cash a check at a retailer that cashes checks (discount department store, grocery stores, etc.)
- Cash the check at a check-cashing store.
- Deposit at an ATM onto a pre-paid card account or checkless debit card account.
How To Cash A Large Check Without Bank Account
You can cash a large check without a bank account at any retailer or store that offer check-cashing services.
However, each store has its own limitations on how much can be cashed on a check.
If you're looking to cash a check whose among is above the check cashing limit of a particular store or a retailer, we'll recommend you go to a bank to cash your check.
Do I Need an ID to Cash a Check?
The majority of banks require an ID before they cash a check, though there is no set list of acceptable forms of ID.
To find out if you have a document that they will accept as ID, check with your bank or the bank that issued the check.
As a last option, hand the cheque over to a reliable person and ask them to cash it on your behalf.
In this case, the check will now be considered as a third party check.
You can equally cash a third party check online instantly.
To cash a check without ID:
- Deposit it into your account through an ATM at your bank
- Take advantage of ATM check cashing if your bank offers it
- Sign the check over to someone else
Final Thoughts: Cash Check Online Instantly Without Bank Account
Checks have been one of the best ways to getting paid.
Once you receive a check, you'll be looking for the best ways to cash the check (online) without having to visit your local bank branch, and if you don't have a bank, cashing your check will be a little tricky.
Thankfully, this guide compiles the best ways to cash a check online instantly without bank account.
While considering these online check cashing options, keep a close eye on the fees and how long it will take for your check to be deposited in your preferred account.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Apps cash checks immediately?
There are many apps that cash checks immediately including; Brink's Money, Ingo Money, Netspend, PayPal.
How can I cash a check online instantly?
You can instantly cash a check online through the "Cash a Check" feature offered by the apps mentioned on this list.
How can I cash a check online without Ingo?
Most online check cashing apps use Ingo cashing technology for cashing checks. If you're looking to cash a check online without Ingo, then we'll recommend you use your bank's mobile banking app.
Post a Comment